Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Deer Season continues...


Well, Matt was lucky enough to get  a doe tag as well this year.  Woo hoo!
After he cared for Oscar, he went back out to help the other hunters in their quest.  I finally sent him a text to see WHEN he was going to be home.  The reply :as soon as I get my doe out of the woods.  I thought he was pulling my leg, but no, soon after he showed up with "Patricia". (named by my lovely children).  Patricia is (was) "beautiful"  The difference between Oscar and Patricia, according to Shelby are: O has antlers and P does not.  and P has beautiful eyelashes. O does not. (She looked close, so she knows.)
(and there are no pictures because, apparently, you dont photo a doe!)

Matt spent hours outside skinning and hanging the deer out in the shed (glad we bought that!)  Finally, when I thought he was getting ready to bring in the best of the fresh meat for us to consume, he said, I think we should just get pizza tonight. I'm tired and it will be a while before I can come in.  DONE! I was on the phone ordering in a flash! 
And my sweet hunter hubby had yesterday off too, so he got all of Oscar cut up and most of Patricia before we got home from school.  He spared me from the complete grossness of cutting.  And I think I love him once again!

We did have the back straps for dinner last night.  We originally told Colesy it was chicken (every meat in her world is...) and she looked around the kitchen and said, its deer, isnt it? well, yep.  She liked it. Shelby liked it. I even ate it.  The girls and Matt have the left overs for lunch today.  I think I ay just run out and get a burrito or something!

Anyone wanna come for dinner? We got the freezer full of meat.

The offer stands. Permanently.

No comments: