Monday, June 28, 2010

Playing hookie has never been so much fun!

So, Grammy went to Pittsburgh to watch Jack over night and asked if the girls could go along. Hello!!! So, I took them down to her house about 10 on Saturday morning. Matt had to work all day, so I came home and got lots of house work done. Yuck! But it was nice to have several uninterupted hours to crank things out.
Matt got home about 5:30 and we got cleaned up and jumped on the bike and rode for about 100 miles, ending up in DuBois with dinner at the Bamboo Garden. Yummy! It was a lovely evening.

Sunday morning we woke up, looked at each other and said "Lets jump back on the bike!" So we got ready and took off. This time, I remembered to bring the camera - although it is difficult to take decent pictures while ON the bike! Ha ha!!
I tried this one several times before I got it. I was so focused on pushing the correct button I forgot to smile! silly me.
We hit Route 6 for a while. Makes me smile to be on that road for some reason.

This is my view. Course, I can look to the sides, and I do, but if I look dead ahead, Matts crown is in my way!

We went to Kenzua Dam (another place I had never been). It was really pretty.


Kinzua in Indian means place of the big fish. Look closely and you can see how appropriate a name that is for this place!


CRAZY!!!!! And it was too far away for people to throw food to them. Guess the dam brought all the food to them and they know where to lay in wait...

And of course, there were these beautiful waterfalls along the roadside.

Hard to get them from the bike, but I sure tried!

It was super hot, and humid too. Summer in PA!


We ended up going for about 6 hours and about 170 miles! My sit-downer is sore! But my heart is happy. I love being in love with my husband! He is the best. And spending time with him does me good!

No comments: