Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Letter about last summer

So, school supply lists will be sent home this week. We got a jump start today after work. The girls got about 1/2 the things on their lists. Upon arriving at home, they went through everything and then Colesy decided to put it all in her back pack.

Uh~oh!

It still had all the junk from the end of the year LAST year in it! So, she sorted through all that and gave me her writing notebook. Most of it is just stuff they copied for handwriting practice. However, tucked in the middle was a writing assignment that made me smile.

"Dear Mrs. Bundy,

This summer my aunt and uncle came to my house. with my two cousins. we went to pick them up at Sheetz. After we picked them upwe went to a big barn to look at animals. But it was rainy so we just wen tto my house to eat. Then I played with my cousins Alex and Emily, then we played a game, then we baked cokkies when they were done they tasted good. Then then they had to go home they startd packing. I hated saying good by to them. We had a good time with them. I hope they come back soon. This is important because they are my family.
by Colesy

(punctuation was not corrected!:))

She makes me smile. Especially that last line.

No comments: